This position is for a candidate who will join the Firmware Development team an be responsible for designing, implementing, testing and supporting security firmware for current and future products.
The primary firmware development environment is C/C++ with Windows and some Linux-based software development tools. Debugging involves use of typical lab equipment such as logic analyzers, bus analyzers, debuggers, and scopes.
The ideal candidate will have a BS and/or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, with a focus on coding firmware in C/C++. Excellent communication skills are required to interface within the team, outside the team across various disciplines, and with external customers. The successful candidate will work in a small, fast-paced, multi-site team so strong teamwork and proactive communication are fundamental to success.
- MS/BSCE, MS/BSEE, or MS/BSCS
- C/C++ software development background in an embedded system environment
- Strong knowledge of structured code development methods and debug techniques
- Ability to solve problems as part of multi-site organization and cross functional team
- Ability to meet and communicate with internal development and test teams and customers to understand problems and develop solutions
- Ability to provide accurate and timely scheduling and resource information to team leads and managers, and meet scheduled commitments
- Knowledge of TCL is desired
- Knowledge of security, cryptographic algorithms, and/or TCG specifications is a plus
- Experience with ARM architecture is a plus