A Senior Director, Enterprise HDD PMO, oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of all New Product Development efforts, including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities. He directly manages a team of Program Managers/ Engineering Program Managers in the Enterprise HDD PMO. He is also responsible to indirectly managing and driving all functional engineering teams involved in Product Development. The PMO is responsible for managing New Product Development, from “Concept” to “Launch” of a product in the market. The team also needs to manage all development phases, including managing all engineering functions who participate in new product development,
- Design, create, manage, maintain, and enhance the organizations consists of PMs and EPMs in San Jose, U.S. and Fujisawa Japan.
- Assign PMs and EPMs to Enterprise HDD programs to carry out new product development.
- Assign PMs and EPMs to organize engineering support tasks for products in volume production.
- Direct and guide PMs and EPMs to define and establish objectives of assigned products.
- Cooperate with other related functions (e.g. Development Functions, Quality Assurance, Components, Operations) to achieve objectives of products and overall company.
- Optimize and improve development process and other related processes.
- Bring in and adopt tools and processes to improve efficiency and accuracy of product development (e.g. Lean Product Development).
- Motivate the team members and maximize the performance.
- Seek and provide required support to members to achieve objectives.
- Acquire resources required to achieve objectives.
- BS in Engineering or Business, required, MS/MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in product development of storage products or other technology oriented devices.
- 15+ years of experience in program management or product development.
- Experience in organizing and managing global teams of engineering managers and staff.
- Broad knowledge in marketing, product planning, product development, volume manufacturing, customer qualification, supply chain, and end of life management.
- Ability of technical and business communication in English and in Japanese.