The Director of FW Engineering is responsible for directing a team of engineers working on designing, developing and supporting FW for both enterprise and client HDD products. Working closely with the HDD FW Senior leadership team, the Director of FW Engineering will be the primary interface to directing the team and their activities.
- Create the new one to three year direction for the team
- Ensure the team functions in the most optimal way balancing business priorities against available skills and resources
- Work with the business team on requirements and ensure deliverables are understood and produced with the expected quality levels and on schedule.
- Create/setup plans for development and assign tasks accordingly.
- Constantly measure the quality and progress of the work of the team and adjust accordingly
- Hire, mentor and manage staff as needed
- Present and evaluate results with the senior leadership team on a regular basis
- Bachelor of engineering in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with at least 10 years’ experience in HDD development. Continued growth in a management role.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Strong writing and presentation skills