We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Western Digital is leading the charge in transforming how the world uses data. From advanced data centers to the personal devices we use every day, our products and solutions are at the forefront of creating environments for data to thrive.
Are you a phenomenal storyteller using the written word? Do you know how to make the complex simple and bring out the nuances in a story so they shine? Are you a creative thinker who thrives on a deadline? If you’re a senior writer with experience in creative direction, visual storytelling, and employee engagement campaigns, you might have just found your dream job! This position resides in the Corporate Marketing and Communications team and reports to the Director of Internal & Executive Communications.
You are an amazing teammate who communicates well across groups and levels and likes to have fun. Our team is dynamic, accountable, and can easily adapt to change in this dynamic business environment. We’re goal oriented, entrepreneurial, and we work hard to help each other succeed.
You’re a conceptual thinker with an innate talent for writing inherently visual stories that move employee’s hearts and minds. You uncover essential truths, define creative solutions, and bring them to life through compelling presentation experiences, whether on the stage, the page, or the web.
You’re a great collaborator yet can take command of a meeting or brainstorm and elevate the creativity of everyone in the room. You are a quick-read of client needs, and you can go “toe-to-toe” with Directors, VPs, and C-level executives, quickly earning their confidence and offering fresh perspectives and insights.
This writing-centered position leads the discovery and development of visual stories. The content developer role focuses on understanding our employee audiences and messages, generating creative concepts and story angles, coaching others to convey their ideas more effectively, and helping develop engaging, compelling content for our employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understanding competitive positioning, business strategy, and messaging platforms
- Translating complex information and ideas into intuitive and effective visual explanations
- Serve as editor for copy written by other members of the internal communications team.
- Edit and proof content for style, technical accuracy, completeness and consistency of brand message and tone across all touch points.
- Generating fresh and resonant story concepts, narratives, and creative themes
- Writing scripts or speaker notes for live presentations, videos, web content and other formats
- Track effectiveness of communication campaigns and manage feedback channels, using associated information to make recommendations in order to improve our strategies.
- Create presentations and collaborate with designers on creative themes, visual styles, and storyboards
- Build frameworks for persuasive communications that are both convincing and compelling
- Manage a master content library, uploading new items and updating items as necessary to ensure continued accuracy and relevancy.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience. 9+ years of experience in writing, communications or an employee engagement related field
- Creative problem-solver, with the ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects autonomously and in an organized fashion, balancing the long-term and urgent needs of the team.
- Must be highly organized, flexible, deadline and detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.