Works cross-functionally with Commodity Management, Factory Materials, Engineering, Program Management and Quality/Reliability to establish and execute the development program materials and supplier sourcing strategies. Instrumental in driving to the most cost effective and reliable designs. Ensures all business unit requirements (Direct Material cost, schedule, volume, technical capability, quality and reliability) are met in accordance with the sponsored business case .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with Development/Engineering on materials needs assessment
- Develops sourcing strategy with Commodity Management
- Provides guidance to suppliers during the development phase including schedules and costs.
- Drives Commodity Management, Development and Engineering teams to stage technology and adoption into new programs
- Works opportunities for cost reduction by design, quality enhancements and strategic leadership
- Pre-product deployment interface with suppliers on designs
- Oversee and authorize early raw material starts for components in order to achieve program milestones.
- Works directly with multi-function teams and suppliers to address issues that may impact schedule and supply
- Participates in a lead role in the development of strategic goals and objectives enabling the Materials department to meet overall Corporate goals