We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what's possible.
NPI Procurement Manager is the focal point for the Product Line into the Procurement organization ensuring deliverables meet quality, functionality, and cost and schedule objectives. This person manages the materials and cost for early product builds during development phases, including risk management of the High Volume material during the first quarter of production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives design for cost, sourcing plans & strategies, and material availability with Engineering and Commodity/Materials Management teams.
- Ensures commodity sourcing strategies and preferred supplier lists are in place with Commodity Management teams.
- Drives Commodity Management, Development and Engineering teams to meet direct material cost objectives for development and production.
- Manage the part and sourcing review process between Design Engineering, Component Engineering, and Technical Commodity Management teams.
- Manage all material plan changes.
- Ensure material availability for engineering samples, qualification samples and NPI builds in alignment with the sourcing strategy to meet the production ramp plan, as well as presenting program ramp status in the various development and executive reviews
- NPI Procurement team drives the execution and partners with the Commodity Management teams on the development of Executive meetings highlighting NPI sourcing plan, long-lead time challenges, single source risk, Golden Part, Re-use status and program risk mitigation.
- Coordinates meetings with strategic suppliers and design engineers to enable evolving technologies with future product designs; quarterly roadmap reviews with strategic suppliers to align program sourcing strategies and enable ASIC compatibility
- BA/BS degree in related field. MBA/MS preferred
- 7+ years of related experience
- Expert project management experience required
- Storage industry experience preferred
- Extensive experience in Product Development support
- Ability to lead complex projects/tasks/assignments. Direct and Coordinate major activities. Demonstrate strategic thinking
- Excellent capability to work within a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent understanding of supplier capabilities to enable effective cost modeling and negotiations.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Capability to work on complex assignments requiring independent action and initiative to resolve issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
At the forefront of flash memory storage, industry-leading SanDisk-branded integrated and embedded solutions deliver the possibilities of data for data centers and mobile devices, enabling fast and reliable data access. SanDisk, WD, HGST and G-Technology brands position Western Digital as the world's largest data storage company and flash memory leader.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here
. Este empleador participa in E-Verify