We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what's possible.
The HW Development Platforms Team is seeking an experienced Hardware Design Engineer to contribute to the architecture of next generation emulation platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will work on the Dev HW Architecture Core staging team.
- Will provide input and reviews on future platform specifications.
- Will do feasibility studies for various proposed product form factors.
- Needs to have a system level understanding of the platforms.
- Requires BS/BS degree or equivalent with 9 or more years of related experience
- Customer-focused and highly motivated to resolve technical issues with the overarching goal of delivering quality platform to our customers
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at once and meet deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented with proven organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills as demonstrated by effectively working with multi-sites engineers, engineering, FPGA team, Product team, FW team and DV team.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and documentation.
- Ability to plan and execute work independently coupled with strong judgment and time management skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems
- Experience with OrCAD, Allegro PCB
- Experience designing, high speed signals design and validating analog circuits including power supplies
- Experience designing products with FPGAs and microcontrollers
- Understand Signal Integrity principles
- New product bring-up and hardware validation
- Experience with various storage interface PCIe/SATA/SAS/FC
- Experience with NAND Flash, DDR3/DDR4 and SSD is a plus.
At the forefront of flash memory storage, industry-leading SanDisk-branded integrated and embedded solutions deliver the possibilities of data for data centers and mobile devices, enabling fast and reliable data access. SanDisk, WD, HGST and G-Technology brands position Western Digital as the world's largest data storage company and flash memory leader.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here
. Este empleador participa in E-Verify