We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
This position will report to the Director, Transfer Pricing. This position will work with the director to:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and oversee execution of global transfer pricing policies
- Manage global transfer pricing documentation and provide strategic guidance on local transfer pricing audits
- Work closely with international tax group to manage and address relevant transfer pricing matters related to the business changes, law changes and/or examinations.
- Work closely with other functional groups (Finance, HR, Operations, Legal, Manufacturing, etc…) to keep abreast of new business activities and address resulting opportunities, risks and tax consequences
- Draft memoranda documenting positions taken and related FIN 48 analyses
- Manage outside tax advisors and counsel to deliver timely documentation and advice
- Stay informed of major transfer pricing developments (BEPS, Sec. 385 Regs., court cases, etc…)
- Assist with tax examinations with various taxing authorities
- Plan and conduct research in connection with the above responsibilities
- Address transfer pricing implications of acquisitions or dispositions
- Ensure the tax department is in compliance with the requirements of Section 404 of Sarbanes Oxley
- Provide tax planning support/advice to the business units
- Maintain visibility of the tax department within the organization
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, business, or accounting
- Masters degree in economics, JD, and/or CPA preferred
- 7+ years of transfer pricing experience with a “Big 4” CPA firm and/or a major corporation desired
- Expert knowledge of U.S. transfer pricing laws regulations, rulings, procedures, major court decisions, etc. required
- Specialized knowledge of US/International tax principles
- Advanced knowledge of WD business operations
- Specific knowledge of WD reporting and internal control environment
- Uses MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word, email, intranet, internet browsers, Oracle, PC, keyboard, mouse, phone, fax and copier.
- Read, analyze, and interpret financial and legal documents
- Write complex business correspondence using excellent grammar, correct punctuation and spelling, cohesive structure, concise working and appropriate tone
- Speak effectively one-on-one
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
- Apply concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions, algebra and/or geometry
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Manage large amounts of financial data
- Deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases
- Deal with a wide variety of abstract and concrete variables
- Effectively manage staff while observing employment laws, company policies and guidelines
- Communicate confidently and clearly with senior management
- Present credible image
- Conduct business and perform responsibilities in ethical manner
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal personnel and/or external contacts
- Respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints from employees, senior management, governmental or regulatory agencies, and auditors
- Facilitate meetings and present to large groups
- Maintain strict confidentiality as required by law/regulation/company policy on financial performance/data
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.