We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Position focusing on sustaining engineering and customer qualifications in an Enterprise Solid State Drive (SSD) product development group. Apply a systematic and analytical engineering approach during the product life cycle from the design validation phase through customer qualifications and mass production in a cross functional environment. Lead cross functional efforts in identifying and resolving design validation, production and qualification issues. Perform individual and population level SSD failure analysis to root cause and proven corrective actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cross functional leadership in identifying and resolving issues
- HW and/or FW issue identification, failure analysis and resolution at both individual drive and population levels
- Analyze and characterize design changes via engineering validation testing
- Develop, verify, and implement algorithms for the manufacturing test process
- Analyze test process and field data for drive design improvements
- Customer qualification failure analysis
- Manufacturing yield improvements
- Reliability improvements
- BS or greater Engineering degree required
- 3+ years in an engineering product development environment
- 3+ years of experience in hardware and/or firmware design, validation and failure analysis for microprocessor based products
- Experience in a wide range of lab equipment
- A highly disciplined approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently and as a team member or leader across multiple projects in a results-driven environment
- In-depth knowledge of product development throughout the product life cycle
- Data analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in storage devices or related industry is a benefit
- Experience with SAS/SATA/PCIe interface protocols is a benefit
- Experience with Microsoft* Office* tool suite is desired
- Ability to travel (~15%)
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.