The enterprise SSD Flash Translation Layer(FTL) firmware group at WDC is looking for motivated individuals to join the excitement of developing industry-leading performance PCIe/NVMe SSD products. As a member of our team who always stays at the forefront of the technology trend, you are encouraged to contribute in a fast paced, high energy and forward thinking team that is multi-site based and culturely diversified.
This position is a technical lead role. Your are expected to:
- Design and implement FTL functional modules within the SSD firmware system.
- Debug and validate your design within the entire SSD firmware system. The ability of performing failure analysis and performance tuning is also desirable.
- Engage and interact with other FW function teams that span all aspects of SSD firmware design.
- Follow the development process, procedures and workflows closely.
- Communicate (both verbal and written) well within and across the team(s).
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field.
Solid experience in embedded systems and embedded firmware development in C. Proven experience in ARM-based SoCs is a plus.
Solid Experience in debugging embedded systems with a variety of tools (Logic and Protocol Analyzers, JTAG, etc).
Strong analytical skills and critical thinking in solving complex issues that often demand cross-domain knowledge.
Solid background in computer algorithms and data structure.
Excellent communication skills and interfacing ability. Excellent ability in documentation and presentation.
Prior experience in NAND and SSD controllers is a big plus.
Knowledge of NAND media, SSD FTL, wear leveling, journalling, garbage collection, error management and other key concepts is a strong plus.