The enterprise SSD Flash Translation Layer(FTL) firmware group at WDC is looking for motivated individuals to join the excitement of developing industry-leading performance PCIe/NVMe SSD products. As a member of our team who always stays at the forefront of the technology trend, you are encouraged to contribute in a fast paced, high energy and forward thinking team that is multi-site based and culturely diversified.
This position is a technical lead role. Your are expected to:
- Become a FTL domain expert and lead the technical direction of the team.
- Oversee the design and implementation of FTL functional modules within the SSD firmware system.
- Lead the effort of validating/debugging certain firmware issues.
- Coordinate among team members on the technical aspects and drive daily team activity to meet the design requirements and delivery milestones.
- Interface with other FW function teams that span all aspects of SSD firmware design.
- Establish proper development processes/procedures/workflows within the team.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Proven track record of delivering key features in embedded systems and embedded firmware development in C. Proven experience in ARM-based SoCs is a plus.
- Strong Experience in debugging embedded systems with a variety of tools (Logic and Protocol Analyzers, JTAG, etc).
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking in solving complex issues that often demand cross-domain knowledge.
- Solid background in computer algorithms and data structure.
- Excellent communications skills and presentation ability, both in verbal and in writing.
- Prior experience in NAND and SSD controllers is highly desireable.
- Knowledge of NAND media, SSD FTL, wear leveling, journalling, garbage collection, error management and other key solid storage design concepts is a strong plus.
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum project management methodology.