Western Digital Corporation (WDC) is seeking a motivated Senior Firmware/Software Engineer to create optimized data and control plane software designs for the WDC Data Center Systems (DCS) Business Unit. We are searching for a candidate with a solid track record of developing and testing leading edge software solutions.
You should understands the hardware and software layers of a modern storage system and understand how physical interfaces and APIs interconnect the layers. This position entails developing code in various programming and scripting languages to evaluate the feasibility of a high level concept, taking in to account the impact of various design tradeoffs in a system consisting of hardware and software components.
You may develop software in many of the layers of the software stack from the highest level of apps and containers to device drivers. This is a highly collaborative position in the BU Advanced Development team utilizing skills to convert ideas and proposals into a prototype solution. The individual must have the ability to understand complex system interdependencies and make judgment based compromises while working in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Develop software solutions using the most expedient programming and scripting languages.
- Work from and update specifications to create software that can be integrated into DCS platforms and systems.
- Guide and technically mentor other engineers assigned to the project.
- Provide leadership to create early proof of concept solutions and guide advanced development.
- Develop technical project plans to detail work flow through SAFe Planning Increments.
- Mentor junior engineers in development best practices and techniques.