Description WDC/HGST is seeking out a world-class Firmware/Software Test Engineer to own and drive embedded FW/SW Storage Management for our storage platforms. We are searching for a candidate with a proven track record of planning and executing on complex programs. The ideal candidate will understand the who, what and how of system development.
The Test Engineer will create automated and manual tests for a wide variety of storage systems consisting of hard drives, fans, power supplies and electronics with high speed communication interfaces (SAS and NVMe). Due to the complex interrelationships of these systems, the engineer will work closely with software and hardware architects and other senior engineers to develop use cases, test plans and automated tests in a process driven environment. The candidate must possess strong analytical skills and be a creative “out of the box” thinker. In this role, the engineer will be a contributor on the program and will be required to work closely with engineers in other departments and locations. As a test engineer, the candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of test programs/scripts, design and implementation of test harness programs and triage of test failures. Test programs and test harness programs will be developed in C language. As a member of the project team your creative thinking and judgment will contribute to the overall resolution of technical, logistical, cost, and schedule issues for the program.
- BS degree in computer science or related field.
- Knowledge C language experience is required.
- 12+ Years of doing Storage product development and test
- UNIX OS/Driver and development experience
- Knowledge of software design, real-time operating systems and hardware-software interfaces.
- In-depth storage protocol experience required SAS, SCSI, NVMe and PCIe
- Strong troubleshooting ability to debug issues while running in real time environment.
- Demonstrated ability in creative problem solving and innovation.
- Strong team player, effective communication skills, and highly motivated.
- Knowledge of agile development and self-managed development teams from design to production.