This is an experienced position in a firmware development team that develops next generation Advanced Storage products. The candidate is expected to own an assigned area of code with responsibility for the design, implementation, and documentation of new firmware. Expected to perform algorithm design, document designs and implement.
Provide leadership as well as mentorship for junior engineers. Be the expert to external groups such as such as the validation group and the systems group. The candidate is expected to be self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people and a proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
Technical knowledge of firmware and embedded systems, specifically focused on data storage products. Act as a hub for cross-functional communication across many different teams, including Firmware engineering, hardware engineering, Mechanical engineering, operations, and new product introduction. Support early definition and drive architecture both internally and externally.
Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills. Possess the ability to inspire team members. Be self-motivated and proactive. Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. with 10-15 years of experience in complex firmware projects
- Software development background proficient in C/C++ with an emphasis on, or experience in, real time embedded environments
- Well versed in agile project management methodologies.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in leading projects distributed across many teams.
- Ability to lead and solve problems calmly and efficiently under pressure.