We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what's possible.
In this position, the Staff Test Development Engineer shall be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and maintaining mass production test solutions for Western Digital Data Center products. The individual shall develop test methodologies to test new generations of Data Center products, design/implement new test solutions and and debug existing test solutions. The ideal candidate will have a BS/BA degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science or equivalent with 7 or more years of related experience. Mature knowledge and development experience with Storage Appliances, SSDs and storage protocols like SAS, NVMe, and SATA is a must for this position. It is expected that the candidate shall have strong systems integration skills. In addition, the role involves cooperating with cross-functional teams to discover requirements and implement solutions for internal customer needs. The right candidate will also be skilled in effectively using lab tools such as oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, and bus analyzers.
The position has a strong software focus and the candidate is expected to have significant experience on Linux and Windows platforms, mature object-oriented design and programming skills in C/C++/Python with an inclination towards systems programming. Proficiency with Python is a must. Experiences with an RDBMS like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and working knowledge of SQL is a must. Experience with networking is also a must. Cross-platform development, multi-threaded programming, systems programming, and experience developing GUI with Qt, C#, or Java are also highly desired. The candidate should be self-motivated, be able to work independently and possess strong oral and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates work instructions and production logistics during program development.
- Design manufacturing pre-production tooling and processes for Data Center System products.
- Perform Design for Manufacturability for fabricated components and assemblies.
- Perform Design for Assembly for electro-mechanical systems
- Perform tolerance analysis of mechanical systems.
- Liaison person between design team and component manufacturers and suppliers.
- Liaison for pre-production contract manufacturer with development/ design team.
- 5 years' experience in Storage industry in the Data Appliance field
- Degree in mechanical engineer or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process as plastic injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Ability to use CAD system to model components and assemblies, create documentation.
At the forefront of flash memory storage, industry-leading SanDisk-branded integrated and embedded solutions deliver the possibilities of data for data centers and mobile devices, enabling fast and reliable data access. SanDisk, WD, HGST and G-Technology brands position Western Digital as the world's largest data storage company and flash memory leader.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here
. Este empleador participa in E-Verify