We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement FTL functional modules within the SSD firmware system.
- Debug and validate your design within the entire SSD firmware system. The ability of performing failure analysis and performance tuning is also desirable.
- Engage and interact with other FW function teams that span all aspects of SSD firmware design.
- Follow the development process, procedures and workflows closely.
- Communicate (both verbal and written) well within and across the team(s).
- Solid experience in embedded systems and embedded firmware development in C. Proven experience in ARM-based SoCs is a plus.
- Solid Experience in debugging embedded systems with a variety of tools (Logic and Protocol Analyzers, JTAG, etc).
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking in solving complex issues that often demand cross-domain knowledge.
- Solid background in computer algorithms and data structure.
- Excellent communication skills and interfacing ability. Excellent ability in documentation and presentation.
- Prior experience in NAND and SSD controllers is a big plus.
- Knowledge of NAND media, SSD FTL, wear leveling, journaling, garbage collection, error management and other key concepts is a strong plus.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.