Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adopt, and when necessary, develop tools and code required to provide detail oriented models and simulations of large, complex compute, network, and storage systems
- Provide insights into simulation and modeling architecture and design choices
- Keep current with and act as primary point of contact for the group in regards to all internal Western Digital simulation and modeling tools
- Familiarity with, and perhaps working experience with hyper-scale concepts like SDS, SDN, containers, etc.
- Engineering experience in build and release technology
- Engineering experience in automated test
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Take the initiative to identify problems before they impact the project.
- Detail-oriented with emphasis on software best practices and improving such practices iteratively.
Education and/or experience
- B.S. with 5+ years experience or M.S. with 3+ years experience or PhD. with 1+ years experience
- Experience in build and release technology for a variety of platforms
- Experience in development and processes for automated test deployment and execution
- C, C++, MPI, Java, Python, R, matlab
- Experience with device level view of storage devices and software defined networking a plus