We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what's possible. Job Description
Software Engineer within the system modelling group. The role involves maintaining and developing our innovative automated test and release platform, and integrating our simulation platform with a diverse range of internal customer applications as the system modelling team expands. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The system modelling group provides software models of hardware devices to a global userbase. You will contribute to the team responsible for managing the build, test and release activities associated with this. You will be working with internal customers to understand and integrate a wide variety of test applications into our automated test platform; develop our build integration system; and work towards an automated release mechanism.
You will be involved in the definition and management of appropriate testing, helping to ensure the in-house test / regression system is up-to-date and fit for purpose.
- You will provide direct support to users across SanDisk and WDC's global sites, working with them to resolve issues, gather requirements for change and implement technical solutions.
You will contribute to the technical evolution of the automated test infrastructure, suggesting appropriate technical changes, process improvements or other efficiencies to improve the service offered to users and the value delivered to the business. You will have an enquiring mind, and be capable of the out-of-the-box thinking required to resolve tricky integration problems
- You will be proactive and flexible, capable of working in a role where priorities can change frequently.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following technologies, but experience with relevant similar languages and tools will be considered:
- Python and C++ programming languages
- Knowledge of automated test environments such as Jenkins
- Source control systems, ideally Git
- BSc/BA degree or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in a software development or test role.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Competitive package Location:
At the forefront of flash memory storage, industry-leading SanDisk-branded integrated and embedded solutions deliver the possibilities of data for data centers and mobile devices, enabling fast and reliable data access. SanDisk, WD, HGST and G-Technology brands position Western Digital as the world's target data storage company and flash memory leader.