· Manages FQE team and provides product quality support to customers on all products to achieve sales goals. Provides quality lead for the entire technical account team and is the customer quality focal point.
· Provide leadership and strategic direction to the quality function and ensuring proper interface of quality function to manufacturing, engineering and marketing.
· Focuses on post-sale support but may also provide guidance in pre-sale support area of quality.
· Provides future road map and technology briefings for the customer.
· Manages customer priorities and provides FE support to maintain customer satisfaction.
· Handles customer communication on quality, technical issues and develops a support plan with the customer.
· Good leadership with excellence people management & communication skill, able to interact with all levels of employee and stakeholder, communicates and liaison with supervisor and sales team. Builds and maintains effective customer relationships.
· Train and mentor the FQE team on quality system specifications and required tools.
· Integration Support
o Provide on-site support for drive handling and ESD training at ODM locations.
o Provide periodical reports to the customer and ODM summarizing production volumes, vendor-chargeable defects, process-induced defects, and CND/NTF incidents.
o Provide direct support to customer and ODM for any integration-related issues and activities.
· Quality Support
o Serve as the WDC customer focal point for product quality and reliability issues.
o Monitor customer integration failures for new failure modes and increasing failure trends, alerting CTS management for any out-of-goal conditions.
o Provide periodical Quality metrics reports to the customer in support of their quality reporting requirements (integration DPPM, AFR, etc.).
o Host periodical quality review meetings with the customer.
o Coordinate DPPM/AFR improvement plans.
o Establish trigger points for DPPM and Field AFR metrics, and drive corrective actions and improvement plans for out-of-goal conditions.
o Drive NTF/CND reduction plans.
o Prepare 8D reports for drive failures and quality issues, and work with the customer for closure.
o Work with customer and ODM on continuous quality improvement plans to meet customer quality goals.
o Identify customer F/A requirements, and monitor failure analysis activities to ensure that F/A turn-around time and 8D content meets customer expectations.
o Manage stop-ships through the immediate involvement of WDC CQE and QAPM team, and ensure criteria for release of stop-ships is understood and communicated among the teams.
o Assist with drive recall and drive re-work/re-kitting activities, to minimize product supply interruptions and to minimize scrap.
o Assist with coordinating, preparing, and presenting quality-related QBR scorecard responses, and generate and follow up on resulting action items and improvement plans.
o Provide customer audit support to WDC’s factory or Contract Manufacturers.