Responsible for managing HR related initiatives, programs, and operations at the Marlborough, MA facility, and other sites as assigned. HR Business Partner to global Firmware engineering global organization, based in MA, and other client organizations as assigned. Interface directly with the business to bridge the connection between HR work and business objectives. Support the business strategy in executing organizational, culture, and talent priorities. Partner with HR colleagues and site business leaders to deliver professional level HR expertise in support of meeting business objectives. Primary focus is on local talent management, development, and engagement activities; providing consultation and support to managers; and delivering HR related programs and ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Talent management, development, engagement activities
- Partner with HRBP organization and site leadership on talent review process & development planning of high potentials
- Partner with Corporate Talent Management & Development staff on roll-out of development programs to managers & employees
- Deliver HR related training at site
- Partner with managers & HR colleagues on employee engagement initiatives
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding professional development, provide coaching, or suggests resources to improve performance
- Conduct employee brown bag events and focus groups
- Consultation and support to site leadership & managers
- Partner with site leadership on workforce planning requests and assist with business initiatives
- Attend staff meetings for designated VP leaders; part of their executive staff
- Consultation with managers on employee relations, performance, and employee retention issues; partnering with HRBP & Employee Relations staff as needed
- Coach managers on performance improvement & corrective actions
- Provide consultation to managers regarding employment law, management best practices, conducts requested exit interviews
- Provide consultation on leave situations and return to work accommodations
- Participate as requested on TA activities, interview teams, and on-boarding activities
- Delivery of HR programs and services; ensure compliance with local laws & regulations
- Partner with HRBPs as needed in administering HR programs (Annual Compensation Review, Succession Planning, Short Term Incentive cycles, Talent Review Board process, etc.)
- Assist or consult with Corporate COEs as needed on communications/activities/issues; i.e. Benefits, EH&S, WC & LOA Administrators, etc.
- Partner with Corporate Talent Acquisition regarding site recruiting activities; coordinates local job fairs, provides recommendations for sourcing strategies, conducts behavioral based interview training to interview teams
- Respond or appropriately redirect employee inquiries/questions regarding policies, benefits, payroll, etc.
- Other projects and activities as requested
- Minimum 8 years of professional HR experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in HR or related field), or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Ability and desire to travel at least 25-35% of each quarter.
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including performance management, talent retention & engagement, talent development, compensation practices, employee relations, and employee relations
- Knowledge of federal and respective state employment laws and regulations
- Able to balance business demands with HR demands.
- PHR or SPHR Certification
- Talent Acquisition experience
- Training and group facilitation experience
- Experience in matrixed, multi-site global organization
- Experience in technology company a plus
- Experience working effectively in a matrixed, global organization
- Excellent consulting skills,
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships, effectively interact with employees at all levels
- Knowledge & experience with behavioral based interviewing
- Self-directed with demonstrated experience at taking initiative to identify client needs and make recommendations
- MBTI, DiSC, and/or other HR certifications