SanDisk®, a Western Digital brand, has been expanding the possibilities of data storage for more than 25 years-giving businesses and consumers the peace of mind that comes from knowing their data is readily available and reliable, even in the most challenging environments. Our products are used in the world's leading-edge data centers, embedded in game-changing smartphones, tablets, and laptops, and entrusted by consumers around the world. As a vertically-integrated storage solution company, we are able to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions with less time from research to realization. From mobile devices to hyperscale data centers, SanDisk storage solutions make the incredible possible.
- Responsible for supporting the eSSD group in estimating product cost on all programs on the eSSD roadmap
- Duties include generating product cost estimates with inputs from various organizations and presenting to the core teams and management.
- Responsible for understanding and driving team decisions using the product cost estimates for optimizing the product design.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement of the Design for Cost process, tools and reports.
- Additional duties may be assigned from time to time in support of the Design For Cost process.
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in product development and enterprise applications for planning and tracking product development programs and experience in the use of all MSOffice tools, especially MSExcel.
- The ability to analyze data and define opportunities for product cost improvements is an essential part of this role.
Working with cross-functional teams and being able to communicate succinctly at multiple levels of the organization are an important part of this role.
Western Digital offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. Western Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.