SanDisk®, a Western Digital brand, has been expanding the possibilities of data storage for more than 25 years-giving businesses and consumers the peace of mind that comes from knowing their data is readily available and reliable, even in the most challenging environments. Our products are used in the world's leading-edge data centers, embedded in game-changing smartphones, tablets, and laptops, and entrusted by consumers around the world. As a vertically-integrated storage solution company, we are able to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions with less time from research to realization. From mobile devices to hyperscale data centers, SanDisk storage solutions make the incredible possible.
In this position, the individual will be responsible for test development and test execution of firmware enterprise HDD's. Using their QA expertise, programming skills, this individual will design, implement and execute both automated and manual tests. The individual will work with members of the Firmware Validation, Development, Test Development and Program Management teams to assure quality with on time delivery. The individual must be execution focused & excellent communication skills and have a passion for Quality. Responsibilities:
- Direct validation of Firmware features and functions of enterprise HDD.
- Plan, develop, execute and debug FW functional tests of HDD
- Understand test scripts and debug failures that arise during test execution with the development team
- Logging bugs, first level triage and troubleshooting using in-house/3rd party tools
- Working closely with different teams within organization and tracking bugs to closure
- Creating and maintaining Technical documents
- Creating Test Reports and abide by Test Process
- Strong Firmware Test experience in areas of HDD/SSD/NVMe
- Flash memory testing experience is desired
- Experience in one of the front end storage protocol like SAS/NVMe/PCIe.
- Expert knowledge of Quality Assurance practice and procedures
- Ability to plan, execute functional tests and debug failures
- Understand Hardware and Software interaction
- Scripting Language such as Python/Perl/Java required
- Knowledge on IO tools and error injection tools.
- Hands on experience in setting up and debugging test beds
- Expertize working with protocol analyzer, jammer, serial debuggers.
- Experience in testing complex high performance storage systems
- Experience working with customers is plus
- Ability to co-ordinate with different geographic locations (USA, Japan, Malaysia)
- Ability to analyze problem and direct team or even work independently as required
- Understand Software development Life Cycle
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science.
- Minimum 4 years' firmware test experience in C/C++.
- Experience working in Storage sector (strongly preferred) or in a regulated industry.
- Experience with tools for automation testing.
- Understanding of PCB design, schematics, layout.
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python or Tcl
- Understanding of SW-HW interfaces
- Able to work in cross-functional and cross-cultural global teams.
- Self-motivated and Self-driven
Western Digital offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. Western Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.