SanDisk®, a Western Digital brand, has been expanding the possibilities of data storage for more than 25 years-giving businesses and consumers the peace of mind that comes from knowing their data is readily available and reliable, even in the most challenging environments. Our products are used in the world's leading-edge data centers, embedded in game-changing smartphones, tablets, and laptops, and entrusted by consumers around the world. As a vertically-integrated storage solution company, we are able to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions with less time from research to realization. From mobile devices to hyperscale data centers, SanDisk storage solutions make the incredible possible.
In this position, the individual will be responsible for designing, implementing , debugging firmware for the next generation of Enterprise SSDs. FW Engineer will be responsible for HW Interface drivers, algorithm design and implementation , Customer Vendor Unique commands , unit level bench testing. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the SSD firmware and play a significant role in delivering next generation Enterprise SSDs to market. The candidate will work with the firmware Architects, ASIC and flash media teams on a daily basis, and will design and implement the firmware algorithms needed to achieve best in class performance goals. Typically programs in machine language, assembly language and high level languages (e.g., C, C++).
Skills/Experience: Requires BS/BA degree or equivalent with 5 or more years of related experience. The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment. Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people. A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team. Ability to work effectively cross-functionally. Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience of Architecture/design/Bring up on new generation SOC/ASIC will be definite plus. Deep understanding of Storage Stack/Data path is desirable. Experience of having delivered " End to End Storage Stack" on Leading Edge/NEW hardware will be preferable.
- The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the SSD firmware and play a significant role in delivering next generation Enterprise SSDs to market. The candidate will work with the firmware Architects, ASIC and flash media teams on a daily basis, and will design and implement the firmware algorithms needed to achieve best in class performance goals.
- Embedded C/C++ and assembly language experience required
- Must have strong problem solving skills; experience using logic and protocol analyzers is preferred
- Understanding of deadlocks , memory management , Embedded Environment Limited System resource issues is preferred.
- Experience leading a team of developers through all phases including planning, design, implementation and debug is required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and deliver on schedule and to specification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
Western Digital offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. Western Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.