The Product Test Principal will lead the test development of a wide variety of storage systems including traditional HDD JBODs, SSD JBOFs, storage servers as well as advanced hybrid storage systems. This role requires innovative leadership and out of the box thinking to design and develop new testing methodologies that scale. If poor product quality and the inability of traditional test methodologies to scale bug you and you want to make a difference, this is the job for you.
Due to the complex interrelationships of these platforms, the candidate will work closely with EE, ME and FW architects. The candidate must have strong skills and experience in the computer server and storage industry with familiarization with storage processors, storage protocols, storage devices, server technology, BIOS and BMC firmware stacks.
In this role, the engineer will be the subject matter expert on the program and will also provide mentorship to junior test engineers and will be required to work closely with engineers in other departments and locations. As a test development leader, the candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the design and implementation of the test effort.
The engineer will also participate in the closed loop corrective action for issues reported outside the team such as field issues or customer test failures. As a member of the project team, your creative thinking and judgment will contribute and influence the overall resolution of technical, logistical, cost, and schedule issues for the program.
This is a high-impact, high visibility opportunity for the right individual with superior technical skills, good project management abilities, and an enthusiasm for success.
· BS degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related field required, MS preferred.
· Strong background in computer storage development and/or test, 15+ years.
· Knowledge and experience with real-time operating systems (Linux, Windows Server), device drivers, and hardware-software interfaces.
· In depth knowledge of server technologies including CPU, memory and on board busses required.
· Demonstrated programming experience using Python, C/C++ experience is required.
· Strong debugging skills required including the ability to use bus analyzer equipment and to debug issues while running in real time environment.
· Product development experience from concept phase to production required
· Hands-on experience in testing of real-time software.
· In depth knowledge of high speed communication interfaces such as SAS & NVMe.
· Knowledge of Ethernet protocols and fabric topologies preferred.
· Experience in the use of test harnesses, continuous integration tools is preferred.
· Demonstrated ability in creative problem solving and innovation.
· Strong team player, effective communication skills, and highly motivated.
· Experience in agile development methodologies and self-managed teams.