What we’re about:
We are about creating a personal cloud experience that ties all of your content together - pictures, music, video, and all other content and making it available on any screen, any place and any time.
Our team is responsible for innovating and implementing the next generation high performance and high reliable WD MyCloud platform OS to support all the WD MyCloud devices.
You will have an opportunity to be a key contributor in building out this vision. You will be challenged, but you will LOVE what you are doing. You will bring your experience and your talent and implement services that will be used by everyone.
- Customize and fine tune a Linux distribution and kernel to the needs of the product with best performance.
- Deep Knowledge of Android Platform/framework on recent releases.
- Participate in architecture, design and implementation tradeoffs hardware and software teams at the architecture, hardware, software, firmware and driver levels.
- Need to build the end-to-end performance evaluation tools to understand the system performance bottleneck.
- Be an out-of-the-box thinker. Research new technology areas and be able to provide creative solutions to new challenges. Help to solve existing problems with new solutions.
- Be great at driving development of multiple applications and balancing your skills and availability to execute to plan. Understand priority.
- Work effectively with development and QA teams to communicate and set expectations.
- Strong analysis and system level debug skills working with hardware, driver and host software engineers.
- Experience to build the end-to-end performance evaluation tool.
- Experience in packaging and maintaining a customized Linux distribution.
- 3+ years of Linux Kernel and Android development experience.
- Strong knowledge of kernel profiling tools and kernel debugging skill.
- Solid knowledge of Linux Kernel Internals such as memory management, concurrency/synchronizations.
- Strong understanding in embedded SOC devices and hardware platforms.