SanDisk®, a Western Digital brand, has been expanding the possibilities of data storage for more than 25 years-giving businesses and consumers the peace of mind that comes from knowing their data is readily available and reliable, even in the most challenging environments. Our products are used in the world's leading-edge data centers, embedded in game-changing smartphones, tablets, and laptops, and entrusted by consumers around the world. As a vertically-integrated storage solution company, we are able to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions with less time from research to realization. From mobile devices to hyperscale data centers, SanDisk storage solutions make the incredible possible. Position Summary:
As a Staff Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for development and execution of reliability programs for market leading products. A successful candidate will work closely with product lead, factory, and other engineering function, to define and implement reliability programs for existing products and predict component and system life of new products to ensure desired reliability and extended operating life of products. In this role you will Analyze and develop analytical methods for product reliability qualifications and processes, perform failure analysis on Quail Failures, and develop analytical methods for characterization of product and processes and their associated controls. Conduct reliability test data analyses during product development and drive quality issues and continuous improvement of programs through product field performance data analysis. Furthermore, you will conduct assessments at different levels, resulting from customer specifications, system/equipment criticality and engineering proposals. Responsibilities:
- Perform reliability prediction analysis using QUAL/factory data as well as industry standard calculation methods.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prepare reports and summaries to disclose results and highlight areas for further investigation.
Participate and advise resolution of issues.
- Prepare technical reports as required by customers.
- Support and coordinate with interfacing disciplines such as hardware, firmware, software, customer support, and program management.
- Analyze part reliability, develop, define and execute product customized test plans.
- Participate in periodic program reviews with internal and external customers.
- Effectively communicate emerging reliability concerns to engineering leadership
- Assist in development of reliability alerts inside an internal database to quickly capture negative trends and then to coordinate with the appropriate department to implement corrective actions.
- Assist in continued expansion of reliability field collection database to acquire additional data that can be used for continued product and process improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Mathematics/Statistics/Physics.
- At least three years of experience in similar position.
- Experience in NAND/flash and flash management concepts.
- Spec: JEDEC - JESD47G, automotive specs including AEC-Q100-008.
- Experience in conducting Failure Analysis (FA).
Familiarity with Python programming is a plus
Western Digital offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. Western Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.