SanDisk®, a Western Digital brand, has been expanding the possibilities of data storage for more than 25 years-giving businesses and consumers the peace of mind that comes from knowing their data is readily available and reliable, even in the most challenging environments. Our products are used in the world's leading-edge data centers, embedded in game-changing smartphones, tablets, and laptops, and entrusted by consumers around the world. As a vertically-integrated storage solution company, we are able to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions with less time from research to realization. From mobile devices to hyperscale data centers, SanDisk storage solutions make the incredible possible.
We are looking for a FW Team Leader for ~4 FW engineers.
This position involves leading a team that design and implement FW White-Box tests in C/python language for RT embedded products to deliver best in class Flash Storage products.
The team also Leads the code coverage and SCA activities to deliver the best quality product.
The firmware development is done on multiple environments: PC with full HW simulation (C language in Visual Studio), FPGA board, and on the final product.
This position involves managerial responsibilities such as managing the execution of the team's tasks with the highest quality, develop the team to create a high performance team, focus on results and drive for execution.
This position involves at least 40% hands-on.
This position involves working closely with excellent colleague engineers across the globes, coping with complex challenges, innovating, and developing products that will be sold in millions of units.
- Proven profile of excellency
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or Software / Computer / Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in RT / embedded systems, using C/C++ development
- At least 2 years of experience leading a FW development team
- Previous RTOS experience (e.g. ThreadX / MQX / Nucleus / VxWorks / Embedded Linux) - Advantage
- Experience in ARM or ARC processors family, debugging environments and tools - Advantage
- Capable of developing wide system view for complex embedded systems
- Experience with Code coverage, SCA tools - Advantage
Western Digital offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. Western Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.